America's Cup

  • sporadicfanatic
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 10, 2010
      There's an article in the New York Times today about the America's Cup races.

      http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/09/science/09sail.html?emc=eta1

      While viewing the attached pictures of the boats,I couldn't help but to notice how much these cutting edge boats look more like Bolger boats than any traditional sailing craft. That oddball, who designed those weird boats and who was thought of as a nut was so far ahead of his time. I guess that's the definition of genius.

      Rick
    • Jon n Wanda
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 10, 2010
        Was a good bit on the PBS BBC news the other night. Part of it was on the high teck equipment and cost.

        Jon