Re: Sneakeasy retractable board?

  • Peter
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 6, 2010
      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Brent" <brent.kennedy@...> wrote:

      > Have Sneakeasy plans and am thinking of including a retractable board just behind the bow to aid low speed maneuverability in cross winds.

      Brent,

      The Sneakeasy is so low sided and the chine so hard that I would be very surprised that you would find yourself in a situation whereby you couldn't just power her out of whatever percieved trouble you thought you were getting yourself into with a cross wind.

      In other words, resist the laudable temptation to complicate things unneccessarily.Afterall,untold thousands of super light weight,outboard powered,aluminium skiffs have been fine without forward centerboards or bow thrusters.Learn to operate your boat,with its' particular handling characteristics and you'll come out ahead in the end.

      Sincerely,

      Peter Lenihan