wooden 27’ birdwatcher-style sharpie

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 5, 2010
      http://www.tradeonlytoday.com/images/stories/web/breaking_news/pemaquid0205.pdf

      The above New Harbor, Maine — Pemaquid Marine boat yard press release
      mentions "...a wooden 27’ birdwatcher-style sharpie schooner, designed
      by Phil Bolger. The boat is for a client in Toronto with a spring 2010
      launch date." Who might that client in Toronto be???
    • John Bell
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 5, 2010
        Could be the boat designed for a private school. The name of the
        design escapes me though. Time to wade through the stack of MAIBs in
        the basement....

        --
        Sent from my mobile device
      • saildoc2001
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 5, 2010

          It's a Jochems Schooner..photos on their web page..

          http://www.pemaquidmarine.com/aaa/newsletter.html

          --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, John Bell <yonderman@...> wrote:

          > Could be the boat designed for a private school. The name of the
          > design escapes me though. Time to wade through the stack of MAIBs in
          > the basement....
          >
          > On 2/5/10, Bruce Hallman hallman@... wrote:
          > > http://www.tradeonlytoday.com/images/stories/web/breaking_news/pemaquid0205.pdf
          > >
          > > The above New Harbor, Maine — Pemaquid Marine boat yard press release
          > > mentions "...a wooden 27' birdwatcher-style sharpie schooner, designed
          > > by Phil Bolger. The boat is for a client in Toronto with a spring 2010
          > > launch date." Who might that client in Toronto be???
          > >

          > > ------------------------------------
          > >
          > > Bolger rules!!!
          > > - no cursing, flaming, trolling, spamming, respamming, or flogging dead
          > > horses
          > > - Plans: Mr. Philip C. Bolger, P.O. Box 1209, Gloucester, MA, 01930, Fax:
          > > (978) 282-1349
          > > - Open discussion: bolger_coffee_lounge-subscribe@yahoogroups.com Yahoo!
          > > Groups Links
          > >

          > --
          > Sent from my mobile device

        • Peter
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 6, 2010
            --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "saildoc2001" <wmusekamp@...> wrote:

            > It's a Jochems Schooner..photos on their web page..

            Not too sure about that as the Jochems comes out at 25' and a bit while this one is reported to be 27'.A "stretched" Jochems perhaps?

            Sincerely,

            Peter Lenihan
          • prairiedog2332
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 7, 2010
              May be an Amherst Galley or a modified version?

              alley/>

              It is supposed to be 8 M in length which is a little over 26 ft. Not
              sure if that includes the stem-head. If it ends up with a centerboard,
              rather than leeboards it will be based on the AG plans probably.

              --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Peter" <peterlenihan@...> wrote:

              > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "saildoc2001" wmusekamp@ wrote:
              >
              > > It's a Jochems Schooner..photos on their web page..
              >

              > Not too sure about that as the Jochems comes out at 25' and a bit
              while this one is reported to be 27'.A "stretched" Jochems perhaps?

              > Sincerely,
              >

              > Peter Lenihan

            • John Bell
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 7, 2010
                That's what I was thinking of: Amherst Galley.

                --
                Sent from my mobile device