Ecopoxy

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 27, 2010
      Does anyone have experience with this product?

      I approached the company and was well received, but I don't know enough to commit to using this for a project.

      I will acquire some to play with. Can anyone suggest a test regimen before I get too enthused?

      Mike Kline
    • arttuheinonen@heinoset.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 27, 2010
        DOny know about ecopoxy, but check this:

        http://www.amroy.fi/pdf/TDSEpobiox.pdf

        Regards,

        Arttu, Finland

        > Does anyone have experience with this product?
        >
        > I approached the company and was well received, but I don't know
        enough to commit to using this for a project.

        > I will acquire some to play with. Can anyone suggest a test regimen
        before I get too enthused?

        > Mike Kline

      • eric14850
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 27, 2010
          Unless it is easy to bring the boat shop up to 170 F it doesn't strike me as useful for boatbuilding. I believe this is the epoxy a ecco skateboard company was using to glue up bamboo skateboards. An engineer I know was involved with the experiments. The experiments were successful enough to create a product as I recall. In any case the epoxy worked well.
          Eric

          --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, arttuheinonen@... wrote:

          > DOny know about ecopoxy, but check this:
          >
          > http://www.amroy.fi/pdf/TDSEpobiox.pdf
          >
          > Regards,
          >
          > Arttu, Finland
          >

          > > Does anyone have experience with this product?
          > >
          > > I approached the company and was well received, but I don't know
          > enough to commit to using this for a project.
          > >
          > > I will acquire some to play with. Can anyone suggest a test regimen
          > before I get too enthused?
          > >
          > > Mike Kline

        • Giuliano Girometta
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 27, 2010
            I am not aware about epoxy made with oranges or soy beans but I tested several varnish removers made with such products.
            The sale people are always very nice, but the prices are three time more than the regular solvent base removers and never work, or better work with only 10 or 20 percent of the power of a traditional product.
            About five years ago they come out with a 100% ecologic remover made with soya beans, they said that was the strongest remover on the market and therefore the high cost was offset by the high productivity.
            Several people switched to that product but it didn't work as described by the manufacturer.
            Wen the complaint started, the manufacturer always blamed the user because the temperature was not maintained at the recommended level, or the humidity was either too high or too low etc etc.
            Giuliano