Re: Red Zinger

  • lancefgunderson
    Message 1 of 30 , Jan 19, 2010
      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Walter" <walter@...> wrote:

      > There are several articles on the Red Zinger in the current Messing About in Boats, January 2010. Pages 28,29,30,31. An article by the current owner about a cruise last August, reprints of 2 Bob Hicks articles on the boat from 1987 and and 1988, and a "Bolger on Design" page with lines and comments. Nice to see Bob continuing with his Bolger series.
      > Walter baron, Old Wharf Dory Co.

      I once inspected Red Zinger back when Richard Zapf was contemplating selling her. Champion rower Henry Szostic, a superb machinist, made parts for her rig, which was aluminum as I recall. Zinger was in rough shape and leaking then and I didn't buy her, though I still like the design. She was fast on a reach and run.
    • William Shenk
      Message 2 of 30 , Feb 14, 2016
        Red Zinger for sale on sailingtexas.com