Re: Hi

  • tlakin2002
    Message 1 of 94 , Jan 11, 2010
      i don't know about "best", but i have been building (very part-time) a sailing version of the Elegant Punt since early october and am nearly finished with it. i just finished the last major task of fashioning the tiller and rudder and i should be starting to paint soon. right after i drill for the gudgeons and pintles.

      other than the past three months of making sawdust in the garage, i have had zero wood working experience. building from the book was a little rough at points. to do it again, i'd certainly get the plans, too. whatever i couldn't glean from the book, i cobbled together from online photos and questions asked here.

      good luck, have fun and don't sweat the mistakes.
      trevor

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "ronin7015" <ronin7015@...> wrote:

      > Hello all, Im new here (obviously) and was wondering what is usually considered the best starter boat to try to build. I have basic hand and power tools and some basic carpentry skills, and of course a strong desire to learn. Thanks

    • tlakin2002
      Message 94 of 94 , Jan 11, 2010