Re: [bolger] Re: Largest "Bolger Box" how about triangle? Seaworthyness

  • Douglas Pollard
    Message 1 of 129 , Jan 6, 2010
      I don't think anyone has mentioned the faster the boat is the less
      supplies you have to carry. So a Warrem may not need the carrying
      capacity that a box does. The more supplies you put on board the slower
      the boat is, the more supplies you need and so on. If you don't take
      advantage of this advantage you are just as well of with a mono hull.
      Doug

    • Susanne@comcast.net
      Message 129 of 129 , Jul 7, 2010

        Thanks for your understanding, Jeff
        From: Susanne@comcast. net <philbolger@comcast. net>
        To: bolger@yahoogroups. com
        Date: Wednesday, July 7, 2010, 4:32 PM

        Better late than never ??

        Jeff, I am in the process of tending to long undone correspondence and will offer you the info you requested ages ago.  Perhaps it is still useful to you:
        - Plans for Design #654 "BANTAM 16/20" on 8 sheet of 17"x22" format are available for US $200.- to build one boat, mailed in a tube, sent priority mail.
        - Plans for Design #606 "18-foot Clamskiff" on 5 sheets of 17"x22" format are available for US$125.- to same conditions.

        Progress of restructuring my life without Phil continues with periodic 'potholes' unpredictable but less in numbers.
        Thank you for your interest in our work.
        Susanne Altenburger

        From: Susanne@comcast. net <philbolger@comcast. net>
        Subject: [bolger] Buying Plans from PB&F
        To: bolger@yahoogroups. com
        Date: Thursday, January 21, 2010, 3:19 AM

        A quick note from Gloucester,

        I am sleeping better, am busy in and around the house tending to matters much neglected over recent years - quite therapeutic - and continue to 'acclimate' to doing business without Phil.

        Progress at last on a number of serious matters including sending out plans.  I've just sent a batch yesterday, including a set to Canada.  Tomorrow others will go out, with one set to the U.K.

        The point is to let you all know that things are picking up here.
        Much unanswered inquiries left to tackle though.

        One day at a time.

        Susanne Altenburger
        Phil Bolger & Friends