Largest "Bolger Box"

  • templeagogo
    Message 1 of 129 , Jan 3, 2010
      Well, the wife and I love the box boats! What can we say? We're nuts for the different and really don't care what others think of us. So, she asks, "What is the largest Box? Couldn't we see the world in one with several kids?"

      I like her thinking :). Does anyone know what the largest design is? How much are plans and how do we get them? Can we put the masts in tabernacles and use Junk sails?

      Thanks!
    • Susanne@comcast.net
      Message 129 of 129 , Jul 7, 2010

        Thanks for your understanding, Jeff
        From: Susanne@comcast. net <philbolger@comcast. net>
        To: bolger@yahoogroups. com
        Date: Wednesday, July 7, 2010, 4:32 PM

        Better late than never ??

        Jeff, I am in the process of tending to long undone correspondence and will offer you the info you requested ages ago.  Perhaps it is still useful to you:
        - Plans for Design #654 "BANTAM 16/20" on 8 sheet of 17"x22" format are available for US $200.- to build one boat, mailed in a tube, sent priority mail.
        - Plans for Design #606 "18-foot Clamskiff" on 5 sheets of 17"x22" format are available for US$125.- to same conditions.

        Progress of restructuring my life without Phil continues with periodic 'potholes' unpredictable but less in numbers.
        Thank you for your interest in our work.
        Susanne Altenburger

        From: Susanne@comcast. net <philbolger@comcast. net>
        Subject: [bolger] Buying Plans from PB&F
        To: bolger@yahoogroups. com
        Date: Thursday, January 21, 2010, 3:19 AM

        A quick note from Gloucester,

        I am sleeping better, am busy in and around the house tending to matters much neglected over recent years - quite therapeutic - and continue to 'acclimate' to doing business without Phil.

        Progress at last on a number of serious matters including sending out plans.  I've just sent a batch yesterday, including a set to Canada.  Tomorrow others will go out, with one set to the U.K.

        The point is to let you all know that things are picking up here.
        Much unanswered inquiries left to tackle though.

        One day at a time.

        Susanne Altenburger
        Phil Bolger & Friends