Re: [bolger] Re: still need whale watcher info

  • Adirondack Goodboat
    Message 1 of 50 , Dec 1, 2009
      This is another fascinating coincidence for me, Harry, because I was just looking at the photos of a famous Gold Rush photographer online, and was amazed to see these tent communities along the lake where a boat is being built beside every tent. What a boatbuilding scene that was! I'd never known that the miners got to Dawson by water. I'll have to send you a copy of my little November novel, Far Alaska, in which my central character, an old man who thinks he has "done the worse a man can do" back East and therefore unfit for unfit to live among civilized people, hits for the territories. He steals a coupled horses on the way, and then sees these pictures in a museum in Whitehorse and is shocked to discover that horses had no part in the Gold Rush. He's a horse-oriented fella, not like us, and had associated the gold Rush with the Wild West. think he'll find work for his team on the Trans Alaska Pipeline? It's 1972 or so.

      Message 50 of 50 , Dec 6, 2009
        Pretty much the same as in the other boats in the hull group, including MicroTrawler, Retriever, Hawkeye, even Fast Motor Sailer. It is easy to build, holds the bow up and, also does the things you suggest. I like the handle holes for beaching.

        Don