Re: Pointing Ability, Micro and Long Micro

  • dnjost
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 28, 2009
      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Peter" <pvanderwaart@...> wrote:

      > > Pointing is a real bone of contention as it can make
      > > such a difference
      > > to a journey.

      Having moved from a Micro to a Marshall Cat will recommend sailing the boat loose. These boats will move much better if kept around 60 degrees to the wind. don't trim the boom in over the rail and keep the sail draft forward. If you want to sail less than 45 degrees, get a J boat. By the time you launch and rig it, I will have been to the destination already in a Micro.

      There is so much to recommend with a Micro that it is easy to overlook its shortcomings. We had a good time with it.

      Good luck,
      David Jost