[bolger] Door skins & Dow Blue Styrofoam

  • gmcquinn@tm.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 30, 1999
      I'm new to the list and have been just tuning
      in for the last couple weeks. Up in Michigan,
      some of the ice boaters have used doorskins
      and Dow blue styrofoam as the floor in their
      Ice boats. Super strong and stiff with a minimal
      deflection. These boats are under very high
      wind loads when racing and deflect less than
      1/8" at floor level with a 200LB pilot inside.
      I beleive that West System epoxy has some info
      available on their website. I will be starting
      a Payson Pirogue as soon as the weather forces me
      inside for the winter. I ran across some 1/4
      sawn stika spruce that i'm going to use for trim
      on this project to keep the weight to a minimum.

      Jerry