Re: Design for Canoe Race

  • John Freeman
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 6, 2009

      I did this once several years ago with an aluminum canoe. I built outriggers from electrical conduit. They included the seat, and clamped to the gunwale. I build a set of spoon blade oars to go with it. It did move very easily and fast! Of course its ability to track was not so great, there being no keel at all.

      Good fun!

      it is to tight to row and row the rest of the time, a canoe hull is very slippery and is an excellent shape for rowing fast. http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-row-a-canoe-FAST/
      > here is my boat, I love to row but don't have a row boat at this
      time, I converted my 17'colman canoe for rowing, with a little work you could make another rowing station for the second rower.
      --
      John and/or Marzlie Freeman
      Check us out at--
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 7, 2009

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 7, 2009
          OPPS!! put a rudder on the canoe with a foot pedal works great.
          just like on a kayak
          mike