Re: Junk-rigged micro

  • prairiedog2332
    Message 1 of 32 , Oct 27, 2009
      Martin,

      Right you are. After further reflection I am looking at following the
      instructions given in Mike Mulcahy's great Duckworks article.

      http://www.duckworksmagazine.com/06/howto/junkrig/index.htm

      Except using Arne's "Johanna" layout. Not sure if yahoo can handle the
      link. Anyway there are three upper fanned panels. You will notice Mike
      has less camber (smaller darts) in the upper panels? Makes for a flatter
      sail when reefed down.

      Also agree about adding an end-plate on the rudder

      <http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/QFHnSmnNgAtMlnJaYkhxKZbP0Ae5g2111fBOQByjbD\
      z0iFeVckj50nT7DVViX-jP7iUqn0r10L5z0wEsHsukJaUBZGyB/Arne%20Kverneland%27s\
      %20files/2%20Johanna%27s%20sail%20plan/Johanna%27s%20sail%20plan%2C%20sh\
      eet%201-7%20150dpi.pdf>

      Nels

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "robertsmme" <robertsmme@...> wrote:

      > Nels,
      > Although you like the two panels on the top of my sail, my advice
      would be to make three as controlling t he large panels is difficult.

      > Also I wold advise having an even number of panels to help with the
      sheeting.

      > Martin

    • prairiedog2332
      Message 32 of 32 , Oct 27, 2009