Re: Light Boat Trailer Woes

  • prairiedog2332
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 1, 2009
      We have them all over where I live. The pipe spacing is about 6" I would
      say.

      I used to slow right down when going over them. Now I find the faster
      the smoother they are.

      I had heard that in some places the ranchers just paint lines across the
      road, if it is paved. Thought it might be an urban legend then saw them
      like that down in Wyoming and a couple places in Alberta.

      Nels

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Christopher C. Wetherill"
      <wetherillc@...> wrote:

      > Jon,
      >
      > They have a fairly wide spacing don't they? It's been a few years
      since
      > I drove over one, but I bet the gap between bars is at least 4 inches.
      > I would think that would give a good shaking to 6-inch wheel sets.
      >
      > Chris
      >
      > adventures_in_astrophotography wrote:
      > > Hi Chris,
      > >

      > >> This may be superfluous, but do you cross the grates for keeping
      cattle
      > >> off the highway in range country?
      > >>

      > > Yes, there are three or four cattle guards on the way to the closest
      lake, and one between my shop and the highway for longer trips.