Re: Idaho, Clam Skiff, Tenn, Atkin ideas

  • BrianA
    Message 1 of 44 , Sep 28, 2009
      I had and have seen at places like West Marine, a little rectangular (2" x 4" x 3/4" maybe) screen/crud protector for bilge pumps. The back and sides are solid and there is a flat perforated face and the thing will take a 1/2" hose from a small bilge pump. If you turn the thing face down, it will suck water down pretty far, just have to make sure it cannot form a vacuum against the hull.

      Cheers, Brian

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, charleswhodges@... wrote:

      > Another problem that I have thought about is water in the flat bottom of the boat. You stand on the bottom. There are no floors above a bilge. No Vee bottom to create a sump. Any water in the boat and you are standing in it. Mr. Bolger made a floor in the Idaho cabin about 1.5 inches above the bottom. Plywood with one inch slats fastened underneath laid on the bottom of the boat.
      > Any ideas for a bilge pump that will pump down to maybe 1/8 inch? A flat piece of plywood spaced 1/8" from the bottom with a suction hose in the middle hooked to a diaphragm pump?
      > A Shop Vac with a bilge pump inside to empty it?
      >
      > Charles

    • BrianA
      Message 44 of 44 , Sep 28, 2009