Re: Resin / Fiberglass Question

  • stephenlneal
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 13, 2009
      I believe at the time Payson wrote that, it was before epoxy came into much greater use. He was not equating Weldwood with polyester but was commenting on his years of using polyester. Now days epoxy resin is far superior and relatively friendlier to use than polyester.
      Stephen Neal

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "paradox_4" <paradox_4@...> wrote:

      > I've been looking at Instant Boat Building and had hope to clarify
      > something, In the book (pg 9) under Weldwood Plastic Resin Glue it
      > says "I've used hundreds of gallons of polyester to stick fiberglass
      > cloth to instant boats and it works great". It leads me to believe that
      > Payson is considering Weldwood PRG to be Polyester Resin ?
      >
      > If the terms are interchangeable, is Weldwood Plastic Resin Glue being
      > used for fiberglassing or should I be purchase Polyester Resin
      > Separately?
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Steve

    • pindimarmicro
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 15, 2009
        Hello Andre in Brazil

        Maybe someone has mentioned this, not sure, but the Micro II plans modifications are just what you are seeking. The work has already been done by Phil Bolger & Friends so just email??? Suzanne and ask about the Micro II plans modifications.

        Re: the Memorial Sail-by Weekend; will be thinking a lot about Phil Bolger, Suzanne and all of you Bolger aficionados (and the boats!) over the weekend. Hope the weather is kind and hope that youtube will be visited by some of you so that we who are elsewhere can experience something of this memorial weekend.

        I'll try to do something akin?? "down here, down under"

        GregF, NSW

        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, Andre Basso <andre_basso@...> wrote:

        > Hi All,
        >
        > I've been searching for comments about modifying Micro's bottom close to
        > the bow making it rounded (or vee) in order to avoid slapping while
        > anchored.
        >
        > Unfortunately haven't found something conclusive. I plan to build a
        > Micro to cruise around the coast of Brazil and want to improve comfort
        > while sleeping inside cabin.
        >
        > Any comments are welcome.
        >
        > Best regards,
        >
        > Andre.

      • Andre Basso
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 15, 2009
          Hello GregF,

          Gene mentioned this option also. I regret not having purchased plans
          from PB&F. But for someone like me, living far...far away, the
          downloadable plans from Common Sense Boats seemed at first sight a much
          wiser option.

          Well.. I'll try to contact Suzanne and see what can be done.

          Thank you all for the hints.

          Andre.

          Em Ter, 2009-09-15 às 21:04 +0000, pindimarmicro escreveu:

          > Hello Andre in Brazil
          >
          > Maybe someone has mentioned this, not sure, but the Micro II plans
          > modifications are just what you are seeking. The work has already been
          > done by Phil Bolger & Friends so just email??? Suzanne and ask about
          > the Micro II plans modifications.
          >
          > Re: the Memorial Sail-by Weekend; will be thinking a lot about Phil
          > Bolger, Suzanne and all of you Bolger aficionados (and the boats!)
          > over the weekend. Hope the weather is kind and hope that youtube will
          > be visited by some of you so that we who are elsewhere can experience
          > something of this memorial weekend.
          >
          > I'll try to do something akin?? "down here, down under"
          >
          > GregF, NSW
          >
          > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, Andre Basso <andre_basso@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi All,
          > >
          > > I've been searching for comments about modifying Micro's bottom
          > close to
          > > the bow making it rounded (or vee) in order to avoid slapping while
          > > anchored.
          > >
          > > Unfortunately haven't found something conclusive. I plan to build a
          > > Micro to cruise around the coast of Brazil and want to improve
          > comfort
          > > while sleeping inside cabin.
          > >
          > > Any comments are welcome.
          > >
          > > Best regards,
          > >
          > > Andre.

        • pindimarmicro
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 15, 2009
            Hello again Andre

            The Micro II plans are an extra couple of sheets that Phil Bolger & friends sell in a addition to the older Micro plans. So all you do is purphase the extra sheets for Micro II, which includes the Micro Navigator conversion, as well.

            Can't remember the cost but it's not that much, I think. Although I bought an unused copy from someone who was going to convert his Micro but eventually decided to sell the boat and go with something else.

            Greg

            --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, Andre Basso <andre_basso@...> wrote:

            > Hello GregF,
            >
            > Gene mentioned this option also. I regret not having purchased plans
            > from PB&F. But for someone like me, living far...far away, the
            > downloadable plans from Common Sense Boats seemed at first sight a much
            > wiser option.
            >
            > Well.. I'll try to contact Suzanne and see what can be done.
            >
            > Thank you all for the hints.
            >
            > Andre.
            >

            > Em Ter, 2009-09-15 às 21:04 +0000, pindimarmicro escreveu:
            > >
            > > Hello Andre in Brazil
            > >
            > > Maybe someone has mentioned this, not sure, but the Micro II plans
            > > modifications are just what you are seeking. The work has already been
            > > done by Phil Bolger & Friends so just email??? Suzanne and ask about
            > > the Micro II plans modifications.
            > >
            > > Re: the Memorial Sail-by Weekend; will be thinking a lot about Phil
            > > Bolger, Suzanne and all of you Bolger aficionados (and the boats!)
            > > over the weekend. Hope the weather is kind and hope that youtube will
            > > be visited by some of you so that we who are elsewhere can experience
            > > something of this memorial weekend.
            > >
            > > I'll try to do something akin?? "down here, down under"
            > >
            > > GregF, NSW
            > >
            > > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, Andre Basso <andre_basso@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Hi All,
            > > >
            > > > I've been searching for comments about modifying Micro's bottom
            > > close to
            > > > the bow making it rounded (or vee) in order to avoid slapping while
            > > > anchored.
            > > >
            > > > Unfortunately haven't found something conclusive. I plan to build a
            > > > Micro to cruise around the coast of Brazil and want to improve
            > > comfort
            > > > while sleeping inside cabin.
            > > >
            > > > Any comments are welcome.
            > > >
            > > > Best regards,
            > > >
            > > > Andre.

          • Denis Meier
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 16, 2009
              I too would like to buy the extra sheets for Micro II. If Suzanne is monitoring the group perhaps she could post the cost and address to send the money just one time and those of us who just want to buy the sheets could do so.

              Denis

              The Micro II plans are an extra couple of sheets that Phil Bolger & friends sell in a addition to the older Micro plans. So all you do is purphase the extra sheets for Micro II, which includes the Micro Navigator conversion, as well.

              Can't remember the cost but it's not that much, I think. Although I bought an unused copy from someone who was going to convert his Micro but eventually decided to sell the boat and go with something else.

              Greg

              --- In bolger@yahoogroups. com, Andre Basso <andre_basso@ ...> wrote:

              > Hello GregF,
              >
              > Gene mentioned this option also. I regret not having purchased plans
              > from PB&F. But for someone like me, living far...far away, the
              > downloadable plans from Common Sense Boats seemed at first sight a much
              > wiser option.
              >
              > Well.. I'll try to contact Suzanne and see what can be done.
              >
              > Thank you all for the hints.
              >
              > Andre.
              >

              > Em Ter, 2009-09-15 às 21:04 +0000, pindimarmicro escreveu:
              > >
              > > Hello Andre in Brazil
              > >
              > > Maybe someone has mentioned this, not sure, but the Micro II plans
              > > modifications are just what you are seeking. The work has already been
              > > done by Phil Bolger & Friends so just email??? Suzanne and ask about
              > > the Micro II plans modifications.
              > >
              > > Re: the Memorial Sail-by Weekend; will be thinking a lot about Phil
              > > Bolger, Suzanne and all of you Bolger aficionados (and the boats!)
              > > over the weekend. Hope the weather is kind and hope that youtube will
              > > be visited by some of you so that we who are elsewhere can experience
              > > something of this memorial weekend.
              > >
              > > I'll try to do something akin?? "down here, down under"
              > >
              > > GregF, NSW
              > >
              > > --- In bolger@yahoogroups. com, Andre Basso <andre_basso@ > wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Hi All,
              > > >
              > > > I've been searching for comments about modifying Micro's bottom
              > > close to
              > > > the bow making it rounded (or vee) in order to avoid slapping while
              > > > anchored.
              > > >
              > > > Unfortunately haven't found something conclusive. I plan to build a
              > > > Micro to cruise around the coast of Brazil and want to improve
              > > comfort
              > > > while sleeping inside cabin.
              > > >
              > > > Any comments are welcome.
              > > >
              > > > Best regards,
              > > >
              > > > Andre.

              Make your browsing faster, safer, and easier with the new Internet Explorer® 8. Optimized for Yahoo! Get it Now for Free!