Re: [bolger] Brick Lug Sail

  • billygallamore@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 1, 2009
      Check out this group the pudle duck is a semilar boat members use all kinds of sails lug sails are popular.

      pdracer@yahoogroups .com

      From: "fulton0922"
      Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 15:14:30 -0000
      To: <bolger@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [bolger] Brick Lug Sail

      Hello all,
      Is there anyone out there that has sailed a Brick with a Lug Sail?
      I am thinking of converting my leg o mutton to a lug. A diagram or photo would be very helpful.
      Thanks in advance for any help.

      Frank

    • graeme19121984
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 6, 2009
        > Is there anyone out there that has sailed a Brick with a Lug Sail?
        > I am thinking of converting my leg o mutton to a lug. A diagram or
        > photo would be very helpful.

        There's a photo in one of the Bolger groups of Jason Stancil sailing his brick through an anchorage at sunset with a balanced lug made from a poly tarp. The photo speaks wonderfully of the possibilities for enjoyment of simple amateur built boats. Though low-res, date stamped, and blurry, it is one of the best seen of a small Bolger boat in use IMHO. In the messages archive there'll be reports by Jason on that cruise, and the boat and rig.

        Graeme
      • graeme19121984
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 6, 2009
        • johnduck134
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 10, 2009
            If you go to the PDRacer group (have to join), and check out the photos, you will see a bunch of Puddle Duck Racers (mine included) with lug sails. The PD Racer is just a modified Brick, and we are proud of our heritage. We hold great affection for all things Bolger. We send our condolences to Susanne and the Bolgers.
            John Nystrom
            PDR #134