Re: [bolger] Brick Lug Sail

  • Gene Tehansky
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 1, 2009
      Frank,
      For information, join the pdracer group here on yahoo.  Lots of information on both sail configurations.  The PDRacer is a modification of the original Brick designed by Phil.  Most of the bits should apply to both boats.  Also should find info at PDRacer.com

      Gene T.

      On 1 Sep, 2009, at 11:14 AM, fulton0922 wrote:

      Hello all,
      Is there anyone out there that has sailed a Brick with a Lug Sail?
      I am thinking of converting my leg o mutton to a lug. A diagram or photo would be very helpful.
      Thanks in advance for any help.

      Frank

    • billygallamore@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 1, 2009
        Check out this group the pudle duck is a semilar boat members use all kinds of sails lug sails are popular.

        pdracer@yahoogroups .com

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 6, 2009
          > Is there anyone out there that has sailed a Brick with a Lug Sail?
          > I am thinking of converting my leg o mutton to a lug. A diagram or
          > photo would be very helpful.

          There's a photo in one of the Bolger groups of Jason Stancil sailing his brick through an anchorage at sunset with a balanced lug made from a poly tarp. The photo speaks wonderfully of the possibilities for enjoyment of simple amateur built boats. Though low-res, date stamped, and blurry, it is one of the best seen of a small Bolger boat in use IMHO. In the messages archive there'll be reports by Jason on that cruise, and the boat and rig.

          Graeme
        • graeme19121984
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 6, 2009
          • johnduck134
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 10, 2009
              If you go to the PDRacer group (have to join), and check out the photos, you will see a bunch of Puddle Duck Racers (mine included) with lug sails. The PD Racer is just a modified Brick, and we are proud of our heritage. We hold great affection for all things Bolger. We send our condolences to Susanne and the Bolgers.
              John Nystrom
              PDR #134