Re: [bolger] Re: Call for a collection... (Addition)

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 22, 2009
      On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 6:25 PM, lon arnecke<lonarnecke@...> wrote:

      > easy girl.....

      Except there is so much truth in it. Those 412 articles are a
      monumental accomplishment. I see irony when the 'Small Boat Journal'
      was renamed 'Boat Journal' as they were rejecting PCB's submissions
      and pushing him away to MAIB. This was quickly followed by Boat
      Journal's demise.

      I think these glossy boat magazines symbolize what PCB was thinking
      about with his classic turn of words:

      "Irresponsible, a gratuitous mockery of right thinking boatmen and
      other snobs."

      Not to mention, the grief is real, and I feel some too.