Re: legality of building from study plans, Was: [bolger] Peero

  • apraphett777
    Message 1 of 31 , Aug 3 7:41 PM
      In the jacket liner of small boats " Though this is in part a dreamers book , it is eminently practical . There are enough plans and specifications here to build every boat discussed - all 31 of them . Phil Bolger recommends the types of wood to use , provides scantlings , and in many cases , shows details of hard to fabricate items . In quite a few of the designs he suggests building sequences if they are not readily apparrent . " Thank you Mr Bolger for teaching me how to ignore the U.S.goverment telling me I could not do it by myself thank you for showing how to build your boats thank you for showing me how. R.I.P. Mr Bolger D.W.Johnson south end of the Chesapeake Bay southern branch of the Elisabeth

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Gabriel K. McAtee" <gmcatee@...> wrote:

      > All,
      > The previous thread brought something to mind that I've been
      > wondering. I understand that there's much more to an actual set of
      > plans than is present in the PB&F books, but there's certainly enough
      > detail for most of the boats in those books to build from. What is the
      > legality of doing this?
      >
      > --Gabriel
      >
      > Bill Howard wrote:
      > >

      > > Study plans are in 30-Odd Boats. If one's eyes are very good, one
      > > could probably build from those.
      > >

      > > Bill Howard
      > > Nellysford VA
      > >
      > > On Aug 3, 2009, at 7:57 AM, aquatronclaus wrote:
      > >
      > >> Good morning!
      > >>
      > >> I am a boatdealer from denmark, planning to start up a Peero - frame
      > >> number 2 - will that stay permantly in the boat or is it temporary?
      > >>
      > >> Is the plans for the other small sailcanoe EEEK availebla for free
      > >> download some where?
      > >>
      > >> Claus
      > >> www.baadhuset.dk

    • apraphett777
      Message 31 of 31 , Aug 12 3:25 PM
        I paddle mostly been in power boats most of my life pulling crab pots where the chesapeake and the intercoastal intersect I am about at mile 3 I don,t cartop just carry the boat down to the water here lately I have been lazy I built a small dolley to tote my canoe with. It is a old battered coleman , I was just building smaller boats with hopes of finding something lighter I am aprox 205-210 pounds most weeks I have built a coupla of peeros for neices and nephews a nieghborhood kid or 2 they do well in them . It don,t do to have a adult beverage or two with you and paying attention really pays off :)