Re: legality of building from study plans, Was: [bolger] Peero

  • Robb
    Message 1 of 31 , Aug 3, 2009
      If you build a boat from a picture or from a book you own there's nothing
      illegal about that. And the term "illegal" is harsh because we are talking
      about civil stuff. Someone can take you to court for just about anything.
      Where it becomes wrong is when someone buys a set of plans and then begins
      to sell copies of them.......or in some cases....when they build multiple
      boats from a single set of plans or sell multiple boats from a single set of
      plans. Robb

      Message 31 of 31 , Aug 12, 2009
        I paddle mostly been in power boats most of my life pulling crab pots where the chesapeake and the intercoastal intersect I am about at mile 3 I don,t cartop just carry the boat down to the water here lately I have been lazy I built a small dolley to tote my canoe with. It is a old battered coleman , I was just building smaller boats with hopes of finding something lighter I am aprox 205-210 pounds most weeks I have built a coupla of peeros for neices and nephews a nieghborhood kid or 2 they do well in them . It don,t do to have a adult beverage or two with you and paying attention really pays off :)