Re: [bolger] Re: Rudder end-plates on a Micro

  • Harry James
    Message 1 of 35 , Aug 2 11:42 AM
      I agree, Stitch and glue is easy and less intimidating for a newbe to
      grasp but it is not any easier or faster than plywood over frames.
      Coating with fiberglass and epoxy and filling and finishing the surface
      soaks up 50% of the time to finish.

      HJ

      John and Kathy Trussell wrote:

      > One of the great delusions about stitch and glue boats is that they
      > are “instant”. The hull shape goes together very quickly, but all the
      > rest of the boat takes just as long and the filling/sanding necessary
      > to bake the taped seams fair take s forever.
      >
      > I have found that using “abranet” paper on a random orbital sander,
      > hooked to a shop vac speeds the process and reduces dust to a minimum.
      >
      > As y’all have observed, it takes longer to sand and finish a bigger
      > boat than a smaller one. To which I will add that the time necessary
      > to build a boat varies directly with the number of pieces in the boat.
      >
      > JohnT

    • graeme19121984
      Message 35 of 35 , Aug 27 5:35 PM
        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "graeme19121984" <graeme19121984@...> wrote:

        > http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/gMyVSpwQlJ1a4EigDA6Jis-istYdvXjRSf0faiUi5EahvnaYD6cKn4ui7pbLorEIg55y10QBkTaWPR4pxenAMdeUvVFtJFX7AVwR_A/Bolger%20scans/Long%20Micro%2C%20glass%20house.jpg

        The outboard seems a step backwards, and high... is it on a vertically sliding mount affixed to the port side of the transom?

        Graeme