RE: [bolger] Re: Rudder end-plates on a Micro

  • John and Kathy Trussell
    Message 1 of 35 , Aug 2, 2009

      One of the great delusions about stitch and glue boats is that they are “instant”.  The hull shape goes together very quickly, but all the rest of the boat takes just as long and the filling/sanding necessary to bake the taped seams fair take s forever.

      I have found that using “abranet” paper on a random orbital sander, hooked to a shop vac speeds the process and reduces dust to a minimum.

      As y’all have observed, it takes longer to sand and finish a bigger boat than a smaller one.  To which I will add that the time necessary to build a boat varies directly with the number of pieces in the boat.

      JohnT

      Message 35 of 35 , Aug 27, 2009
        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "graeme19121984" <graeme19121984@...> wrote:

        > http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/gMyVSpwQlJ1a4EigDA6Jis-istYdvXjRSf0faiUi5EahvnaYD6cKn4ui7pbLorEIg55y10QBkTaWPR4pxenAMdeUvVFtJFX7AVwR_A/Bolger%20scans/Long%20Micro%2C%20glass%20house.jpg

        The outboard seems a step backwards, and high... is it on a vertically sliding mount affixed to the port side of the transom?

        Graeme