Re: [bolger] Re: Rudder end-plates on a Micro

    Message 1 of 35 , Aug 1, 2009
      On Sat, Aug 1, 2009 at 3:47 PM, Greg Flemming<greg@...> wrote:

      > Stitch & Glue should make the Gloucester Yawl easier to build though,
      > shouldn't it?

      Yes, it would be as easy as any 21 foot plywood expanded panel boat,
      more easy if you can tolerate 'work boat' finishing. (As sanding a
      big boat smooth takes a lot of time due to greater surface area.)

      > The comment on the pic. in bolger boat photos is that it was "tricky" and
      > wet.

      I don't know why it would be wet. It does have the issue that it is
      designed for crew displacement, and if it was not filled up with crew
      it would ride higher on that center sponson. And riding high while
      upright, as when rowing, it would have a tipping quality from the
      center sponson to the side 'seat' floatation if the crew shifted to
      one side. This would be a disconcerting feeling, but not much to
      worry about. It would be stable when sailed leaned over like
      intended. Full up with crew weight it would feel more stable I think.
    • graeme19121984
      Message 35 of 35 , Aug 27, 2009
        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "graeme19121984" <graeme19121984@...> wrote:

        > http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/gMyVSpwQlJ1a4EigDA6Jis-istYdvXjRSf0faiUi5EahvnaYD6cKn4ui7pbLorEIg55y10QBkTaWPR4pxenAMdeUvVFtJFX7AVwR_A/Bolger%20scans/Long%20Micro%2C%20glass%20house.jpg

        The outboard seems a step backwards, and high... is it on a vertically sliding mount affixed to the port side of the transom?

        Graeme