Work Skiff Progress

  • dnjost
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2009
      New photos at http://picasaweb.google.com/dnjost/WorkSkiff?feat=directlink

      Paint scheme is Navy Hull, gloss grey interior, will have a dark red bootstripe. I think we may have a small celebration next week to flip the boat over.

      Kilz Premium primer with Benjamin Moore High Gloss Alkyd (oil based) paint. Will report in 3 years how this fared.
    • apraphett777
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 2, 2009
        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "dnjost" <davidjost@...> wrote:

        > New photos at http://picasaweb.google.com/dnjost/WorkSkiff?feat=directlink
        >
        > Paint scheme is Navy Hull, gloss grey interior, will have a dark red bootstripe. I think we may have a small celebration next week to flip the boat over.
        >
        > Kilz Premium primer with Benjamin Moore High Gloss Alkyd (oil based) paint. Will report in 3 years how this fared.

        WTG I am involved in a similar project a small work skiff my paint scheme will be navy grey , black bottom paint, beige insides and a white boot top. keep up the good work, is your bottom 1 " and the shoe 1 1/2 " ?
      • dnjost
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 3, 2009
          Yup. The bottom is 1" marine fir and the shoe is 1.5" marine fir. Sides are ACX with the bad side glassed.

          I hope to turn her over this weekend and start the interior work and rails.

          David Jost