Re: [bolger] Re: Info on AS 39

  • briggs monteith
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 15 4:41 PM

      Hi Bob,
      My family and I are looking to build a cruising sailboat capable of going just about anywhere, up a river,across an ocean, across a sand flat, you know just about anywhere!
      We studied the AS 29 and it seemed like a great boat, but with three kids it just didn't seem realistic. I was wondering what the layout was,  what kind of beast it is to sail with only one massive sail and just about anything I can find on the subject. Is this boat built bottom then top like the 29?  How much lead is there? Any and all info would be most appreciated.
      -Briggs

      P.S. this is off topic sort of,  we are also considering building a Jarcat 29 catamaran, but this is not Bolger design nor does it have any Bolger character or ingenuity.