Re: [bolger] Re: Cyber floatilla

  • Dominic tyson
    Message 1 of 85 , Jun 4 4:41 AM
      Bruce, Katherine, Hugo and Dominic Tyson send deepest sympathies to Suzanne on the passing of Phil. We have been lucky to have a father who is probably the most prolific builder of Phil's designs in Australia and we have been lucky enough to have corresponded and talked to both Phil and Suzanne about boat designs.  In tribute to Phil here is a rough list of designs that my Dad has completed, used and enjoyed;
      Teal dinghy
      Romp
      Elegant Punt x2
      Chebacco
      Recreational Rowing Boat
      Marina Cruiser(Merlin)
      Harbinger(Cat Boat)
      Spurr 2
      Diablo
      Bunny R Lobster Boat
      Reuben's Nymph

      These boats are all in use (not all owned by us now) and Bruce, Hugo and our families all love going out on our Lobster boat "Gryphon" Thank you Phil.

      Message 85 of 85 , Oct 26, 2012
        Yes, leaning that way Gregg.

        Holding me up are potential issues to do with physical features both of the preferred construction site in the backyard at home and the boat under construction, uncertainties as to the specs and bill of materials involved, fitout details, and lack of a building key have me considering risk to reward rather closely. Faced now with concrete propositions I'm currently wondering if it may not be more wise to take on the Anhinga project as a lower risk warm-up before the big event, or to just do it. They're not unpleasant considerations, yet 8300lbs of unknown boat even done economically is still some considerable weight to carry.