PHRF Rating for Folding Schooner "Xkeban"

  • White & Laur White
    Message 1 of 1 , May 18, 2009
      Breaux --

      You asked about my provisional PHRF rating. Out racing chairman gave Xkeban a Buoy rating of 255 and an RLC rating of 249. He asked me at the preliminary Summer Series skippers meeting how I thought I'd finish with those ratings. I told him I thought I'd win by five minutes. To windward, she's a bit sluggish, but off the wind she FLIES! Many of our races are windward/leeward, unfortunately. I missed the first race of the series since we got out to the line way late ... still some rigging problems ... but I was pleasantly surprised by how well we held our own to windward with the non-spinnaker fleet. Didn't brush with them off the wind, but I know we fly then. Will post some copy about our launch and first couple os sails ... and some hotos ... when things quiet down a bit. Someone said on this page that schooners aren't allowed any more, but no one around here knows that. HAVEN'T RECEIVED MY OFFICIAL WEST FLORIDA PHRF RATING YET.

      -- Will