Newbie.

  • dwells01
    Message 1 of 5 , May 17, 2009
      Hello All, My name is David I am based in the North East of Scotland and have just joined this group, I am hoping to find out about any plans Mr Bolger has produced for small (sub 20ft) fishing boats and I'm wondering if any of you have any suggestions?
      Right- I'm back to reading the many previous posts.
      Thanks
      David
    • lancefgunderson
      Message 2 of 5 , May 17, 2009
        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "dwells01" <dwells01@...> wrote:

        > Hello All, My name is David I am based in the North East of Scotland and have just joined this group, I am hoping to find out about any plans Mr Bolger has produced for small (sub 20ft) fishing boats and I'm wondering if any of you have any suggestions?
        > Right- I'm back to reading the many previous posts.
        > Thanks
        > David

        Close to that size is his "Lobster Boat," featured in his book "30 Odd Boats." One was for sale on EBay a while back and she looked pretty good. What kind of fishing do you intend to do?
      • David Wells
        Message 3 of 5 , May 18, 2009
          Hi, Mainly to set a few crab and lobster pots and to line fish for white fish ie cod etc.

          I'll see if I can find a copy of '30 Odd Boats' and have a look at Lobster Boat.

          To: bolger@yahoogroups.com
          From: lancefgunderson@...
          Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 23:55:39 +0000
          Subject: [bolger] Re: Newbie.

          Message 4 of 5 , May 18, 2009
            On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 1:37 AM, David Wells <dwells01@...> wrote:

            >  Hi, Mainly to set a few crab and lobster pots and to line fish for white fish ie cod etc.

            You might also consider the 18 foot "Clam Skiff"

            From chapter 15 of the Bolger book _Boats with an Open Mind_

            "a solid skiff that could stand generous power, carry a big load, and
            have flat footing right out to the side."

            (page 68) http://tinyurl.com/qhlj3z

            I has the advantage of being a relatively easy to build plywood panel boat.
          • David Wells
            Message 5 of 5 , May 18, 2009
              Thanks for that.

              I must see if I can get a copy of BWAOM it will make good reference material.

              Regards

              To: bolger@yahoogroups.com
              From: bruce@...
              Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 07:40:15 -0700
              Subject: Re: [bolger] Re: Newbie.

              You might also consider the 18 foot "Clam Skiff"

              From chapter 15 of the Bolger book _Boats with an Open Mind_