Whalewatcher launched at Annapolis

  • adkgoodboat
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 30, 2009
      We launched Pat Connor's Whalewatcher, Utilis, on the Severn River and sailed her last weekend out of Annapolis Harbor with Phil Bolger and Susanne Altenberger. Susanne spent some of the time photographing her from a chase-boat. I won't attempt to give a full account at all, but just say the boat's everything I expected. Fast, stable, supremely comfortable. Rather than "the jeers of the bystanders" from all the yachts around us we invariably got curiosity tinged with admiration. I myself have so much gone over to the box-boat esthetic that when I checked out a Norwalk Island Sharpie 23 on my way home to the Adirondacks, I found the pinched and awkward cabin an almost-inexcusable trade-off. My only photos are from the launch and then from on-board.
    • gbship
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 30, 2009
        Very much looking forward to the pics! Any videos?

        Gary

        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "adkgoodboat" <masonsmith@...> wrote:

        > We launched Pat Connor's Whalewatcher, Utilis, on the Severn River and sailed her last weekend out of Annapolis Harbor with Phil Bolger and Susanne Altenberger. Susanne spent some of the time photographing her from a chase-boat. I won't attempt to give a full account at all, but just say the boat's everything I expected. Fast, stable, supremely comfortable. Rather than "the jeers of the bystanders" from all the yachts around us we invariably got curiosity tinged with admiration. I myself have so much gone over to the box-boat esthetic that when I checked out a Norwalk Island Sharpie 23 on my way home to the Adirondacks, I found the pinched and awkward cabin an almost-inexcusable trade-off. My only photos are from the launch and then from on-board.

      • Dave Gentry
        Message 3 of 3 , May 1, 2009
          Congrats! This is a design I've wondered about for many years. Please post all the pics you can! Of Phil and Sue, too!

          Thanks! And congratulations again!
          Dave Gentry