Re: [bolger] Re: AS34 in the works?

  • Fred Schumacher
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 25, 2009
      AS-34 seems like a logical continuation of Bolger's primary design concepts.
      For years I've been designing boats just for fun as a way to relax. I never
      do anything with my designs. It's interesting that I've done many design
      variations of the AS series with almost exactly AS-34's morphology, although
      I continue the box keel all the way aft and put steel on the bottom of the
      box keel to get cheap ballast as low as possible. With the box keel under a
      sharpie hull, you get a bit more draft but with the benefit of standing
      headroom throughout without needing to increase the above water height of
      the boat. I've played around with this concept on Micro, replacing its
      present keel with a box keel and keeping the draft the same. It really
      increases interior functionality and eliminates the fussiness of casting
      lead ballast.

      Fred Schumacher