Re: [bolger] Re: Sneakeasy pictures

  • Michael Walther
    Message 1 of 27 , Apr 15, 2009
      Nope, it was exact 16' beautifully drawn, Don sounds about right. I too will look later. Mike

      Message 2 of 27 , Apr 15, 2009
        OK. One more link to the 16' Lake Launch which appears to be a small Sneakeasy.

        http://www.duckworksmagazine.com/06/designs/nini/index.htm

        Also check out messabout pics here and the Michalak site for smaller boats with Sneakeasy style.
      • Michael Walther
        Message 3 of 27 , Apr 15, 2009
          Hi, I repeat, it was drawn as 16' Sneakeasy. So the Nini, although it is nice is something else entirely or not built as drawn. Thanks, Mike

          Message 4 of 27 , Apr 15, 2009
            Hi, I found it. In Bolger group files under power sharpies last link at the bottom as Sneakeasy 16

            Message 5 of 27 , Apr 16, 2009
              This is not really a 16 foot Sneakeasy. It is simply a drawing of a regular 26 foot Sneakeasy that someone distorted using Photoshop or some other software.

              --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, Michael Walther <michawalth3@...> wrote:

              > Hi, I found it. In Bolger group files under power sharpies last link at the bottom as Sneakeasy 16

            • highoveryou
              Message 6 of 27 , Apr 16, 2009
                I like the Nini... doesn't have the pizaaz oh the Sneakeasy, but I bet if the cockpit was made smaller, and the foredeck inclose it'd look sharp. Add the upright windscreen, and a single bench it'd look like 2/3rds a sneakeasy.

                Wonder how much of an outboard that boat could take?
              • Michael Walther
                Message 7 of 27 , Apr 16, 2009
                  Killjoy & after I got myself all aflutter. I suspected something like that after studying it a while:( It's still a neat idea & it should work using the Nini as a starting point as Jeff (good idea) points out.
                  Thanks, Mike

                  Message 8 of 27 , Apr 17, 2009
                    Anyone have a bill of materials handy for the Sneakeasy? Just how much would it cost to make one (ball park)?
                    Message 9 of 27 , Apr 17, 2009
                      On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 7:46 AM, highoveryou <highoveryou@...> wrote:

                      > Anyone have a bill of materials handy for the Sneakeasy? Just how much would
                      > it cost to make one (ball park)?

                      My guess is between $4,000 and $40,000 depending on work boat versus a
                      gold plater.

                      In rough guess numbers, 24 sheets of plywood plus 90 yards of
                      fiberglass and 20 gallons epoxy.

                      I bet you actually could build a functional one without fiberglassing,
                      with ACX plywood and latex porch paint, 'extreme fugal' for $2,000.
                    • Cook Lynch
                      Message 10 of 27 , Apr 21, 2009
                        Hey thanks for the Bolger Lynx response. As I am after a more simple build,
                        I think plank on stringers is not for me. What a pity, such a beautiful
                        boat.

                        Nope, it was exact 16' beautifully drawn, Don sounds about right. I too
                        will look later. Mike

                        > > yeah I know what you're talking about. Seems to
                        > me it was Lake Launch or something like that. I also
                        > associate it in my memory with the Payson Instant Boat
                        > website. I may get a chance to look for it later
                        > today.
                        > >
                        > > Don
                        > >
                        > > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com,
                        > Michael Walther <michawalth3@> wrote:
                        > > >

                        > > > Hi, I found a 16' version by accident, don't
                        > remember its name. I think in cartoons, looks real good,
                        > loved it, want to build it. Wish I bookmarked it..
                        > Mike
                        > > >

                        > ------------------------------------

                        > - no cursing, flaming, trolling, spamming, respamming, or
                        > flogging dead horses
                        > - stay on topic, stay on thread, punctuate, no 'Ed, thanks,
                        > Fred' posts
                        > - Pls add your comments at the TOP, SIGN your posts, and
                        > snip away
                        > - Plans: Mr. Philip C. Bolger, P.O. Box 1209, Gloucester,
                        > MA, 01930, Fax: (978) 282-1349
                        > Yahoo! Groups Links
                        >

                        > mailto:bolger-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                      • Gabriel K. McAtee
                        Message 11 of 27 , Apr 21, 2009
                          I have to wonder if something like Lynx couldn't be done cold-molded.
                          It'd be marginally more expensive than plank on frame, but ultimately
                          probably stronger and a lot easier to build. Of course, you'd still
                          have to loft frames & what not, but at least no caulking to worry about...

                          --Gabriel

                          Message 12 of 27 , Apr 23, 2009
                            On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 8:12 AM, Gabriel K. McAtee <gmcatee@...> wrote:

                            > I have to wonder if something like Lynx couldn't be done cold-molded.
                            > It'd be marginally more expensive than plank on frame, but ultimately
                            > probably stronger and a lot easier to build.

                            Lynx could be easily laminated up from thin strips of plywood (cold
                            molded). I did cold molding once, and as long as I avoided fussing
                            about precision and cosmetics, (which are unnecessary with cold
                            molding anyway), I found cold molding to be a quick, strong, light
                            weight, error tolerant, and very easy way to build a hull.
                          • Ron Schroeder
                            Message 13 of 27 , May 1, 2009
                              I built a 24' one a while back. All length dimension were 88%, width was 91% and vertical dimensions were 93%. 3 butted sheets for the sides. Kept the long lean look. Ran great with an 8HP.