[bolger] Family Schooner

  • bharbo@online.no
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 29, 1999
      Dear Fellow Bolger Boat Builders,
      I have added the upper side panels today and would like to share my joy
      with you. Please have a look at the pictures under vault/WDJ/29OCT1999.

      Bjørn
    • Robert N. Lundy
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 29, 1999
        I personally want to thank you for keeping the pictures coming. Its really
        neat to see a project develop like this. This goes for Leander and all the
        others a' building right now. Your posts keep me going on the Windsprint.
        The vault is a neat feature.

        PS the light schooner web site now has sailing pics of the Family Schooner
        (prototype) and the AS 19 bought by Mike Stockstill. good pics, awesome web
        site. Also, some updates to the saga of Alison Might, still the funniest
        stuff I've read in a while. Get there at
        http://www.ace.net.au/schooner/INDEX.HTM

      • IAN A. COLQUHOUN
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 1, 1999
          I am considering building Bolger's family schooner, the W. D. Jochems.
          Anyone else out there building her too?

          Regards,

          Ian
        • tjfatchen@ace.net.au
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 1, 1999
            >I am considering building Bolger's family schooner, the W. D. Jochems.
            Anyone else out there building her too?

            Regards,

            Ian

            Bjorn Habro in norway.

            (Tim Fatchen)
            (My email replies to this list die...any reason??)
            (I =know= I'm legal -- does the egroup server hate me??)
          • rlundy@atlantic.net
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 2, 1999
              Tim:

              Did you go through the subscribing process? Egroups is weird that you
              can read the posts and all, even if not a subscriber, but anything you
              try to post, replies, etc. go straight to Greg C. as moderator.

              If you come back to egroups via the web, you have to start at
              www.egroups.com and click "my space", otherwise, it won't recognize
              you. Once subscribed though, all the posts will go directly to the
              e-mail box you designate, so you won't have to deal with their wacky
              web interface.

              Subscribe PLEASE. We cannot live without your vibrant prose. On down
              days I go back and re-read your British Seagull stories. 2nd funniest
              item on the web after the launching of "Alison Might".

              Robert Lundy

              tjfatche-@... wrote:
              original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/bolger/?start=651
              > >I am considering building Bolger's family schooner, the W. D.
              Jochems.
              > Anyone else out there building her too?
              >
              > Regards,
              >
              > Ian
              >
              > Bjorn Habro in norway.
              >
              > (Tim Fatchen)
              > (My email replies to this list die...any reason??)
              > (I =know= I'm legal -- does the egroup server hate me??)

            • GHC
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 2, 1999

              • HenryClann@aol.com
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 2, 1999
                  In a message dated 11/2/99 7:59:23 AM Central Standard Time,
                  rlundy@... writes:

                  << Subscribe PLEASE. We cannot live without your vibrant prose. On down
                  days I go back and re-read your British Seagull stories. 2nd funniest
                  item on the web after the launching of "Alison Might". >>

                  Ant they (the Seagull stories) are true as far as i am concerned. We had one
                  down on St. Vincent, an old 1hp putt putt. If you had the oil-gas mis even a
                  little off, you'd foul the plug. It gets real interesting changing-cleaning
                  (with emory cloth) a plug in the channel between the reef...LOL...Thankfully
                  there was oars of things got too dicy...all in all it was THE best small
                  outboard i've ever seen. We had it from the late 1950s, bought used, and
                  still had it when i came back to The States in August of 1972. Used on that
                  little box-punt-dingy "WhiteShark" .........

                  Larry

                  Palm Bay, Florida
                  <A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/henryclann/Boats/amatureboats.index.htm">The
                  Careenage & Blue Lagoon, A page for Home Built Boats & Owners!</A>
                  Remember; the Titanic was built by the professionals, but Noah's Ark by
                  amatuers!