[bolger] Re: The Vault&Light Scooner

  • tjfatchen@ace.net.au
    Message 1 of 16 , Oct 29, 1999
      David Ryan wrote:

      <snip>
      Speaking of the light scooner, I was surfing with the fellow who
      first sent me looking for Mr. Bolger and Mr. Payson. He had heard
      from a friend that the light scooner doesn't tack well, but also
      doubted this friend's credibility. How 'bout it scooner sailors, how
      does her bow come through the wind?
      -------

      The LS tacks faster than any boat we've come up against, but there's a
      knack to it. How to do it is detailed in the Sailing Tips on
      http://www.ace.net.au/schooner

      Tim Fatchen