First? of the green fishing boats built

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 5, 2009
      See this article, it is the first of the green "messing about in
      fishing boats" that I have heard of being built.

      http://www.gloucestertimes.com/punews/local_story_094004509.html
    • David
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 6, 2009
        Nice to see one built. It'll be interesting to see if they catch on.

        Cheers,
        David G
        Harbor Woodworks

        ************************

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 6, 2009
          On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 8:17 AM, David <arbordg@...> wrote:
          > Nice to see one built. It'll be interesting to see if they catch on.
          >
          > Cheers,
          > David G
          > Harbor Woodworks

          Calling attention to the latest PB&F article in the MAIB magazine
          about this topic. Building the fuel effecient boat is only the small
          part of the problem. The bigger problem is the elephant in the room,
          which is the effect of the regulatory process issuing 'permits' and
          subsidizing the industrialized fishing fleet.