Re: [bolger] New june bug on the block

  • Sam Glasscock
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 4, 2009
      Sold the Diablo!!  Did you consult your dog first? Somebody sure got a pretty boat when you sold that one, Maximo.  I don't think an Idaho will weigh more than 1000 kilos all up.  Sam

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 5, 2009
        They are wonderful pictures of the Junebug, especially in the water. It is a wonderful boat. We use one as a rowing dingy on the bolger Houseboat #481 and built it very light weight to cary on the roof. It is a joy to move it around and to row. Also occassionally with the 2 h.p. honda it is a great skiff and also transports well on the roof racks of almost any car. regards and congratulations Maximo on a nice job. Paul

        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Maximo" <grupos@...> wrote:

        > From january to april, I helped a friend to build a June bug, we tested
        > under oars and with a Tohatsu 5 hp (long shaft) my friend already has. We
        > are very happy. We had to modify the transom to accept the long shaft. He is
        > going to use sail and mast from an optimist.
        >
        > http://www.promax.com.ar/junebug/
        >
        > PS: I sold my Diablo. I m thinking finally to build Idaho. I have to figure
        > out the weight, because my club crane only support up to 1000 kilos.
        >
        > Regards, Maximo.

      • Fred Schumacher
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 5, 2009
          What kind of plywood is that with such wild grain? I love it.

          Fred

          On Sat, Apr 4, 2009 at 4:16 PM, Maximo <grupos@...> wrote:

          > From january to april, I helped a friend to build a June bug,

        • Maximo
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 5, 2009
            Hello Sam! yes, my dog agree :)
            OK I will do the math with Idaho weight.

            Thank you Paul, we also transport june bug on the car roof.

            Fred, the plywood is "Guayca". I have no idea how to translate.
            One face regular and one face bad :)

            It is very difficult to find 4 x 8 foot plywood (1.22 m x 2.44 m), because
            for construction, they use 1.60 m x 2.20 m

            Máximo
          • Mark Albanese
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 5, 2009
              In the US, ply that looks like this is sold under the name Auroco, a
              Chilean plantation grown pine.

              I bullt a Brick with it once. The sheets were quite well made,
              probably B/C, and inexpensive, though here in the moist PNW quite
              subject to rapid mildew.
              Mark