[bolger] No Subject

  • duckworks@hilconet.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 14, 1999
      Gregg:

      Thanks for starting this discussion group. I am sure it will be popular and active.

      Chuck Leinweber

      Duckworks Magazine

      eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/bolger
    • William D> Jochems
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 30, 1999
        My name is Bill Jochems and I have built two Bolger boats. I launched my Martha Jane in '94 and in '98 I launched Bolger design #639 which he calls the William D. Jochems, a family schooner. I would be interested in discussing either of these boats. wjochems@....
      • GHC
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 2, 1999
          Hi Bill,

          I would be interested to hear about your schooner and your experience with
          Bolger. The boat sounds familiar (was it described in "Messing About in
          Boats"?), but I don't recall the details.

          Do you have any pictures or website about the schooner? Did you build
          yourself?

          Gregg Carlson

        • CPCorreia@aol.com
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 2, 1999
            Bill,

            What does the family schooner look like. Is there a cabin, and is it
            trailerable? What are the specs. Is there a plan any where on the net? I
            would love to chat more about it. . . as I'm interested in bolgers light and
            folding schooners.

            Chuck.
          • Russ Ingram
            Message 5 of 11 , Dec 30, 1999
              has anyone built the superbrick (pics at: http://euler.sfasu.edu/Shanty
              boats/)?

              Looks like a great boat for the intercoastal or the river
            • HenryClann@aol.com
              Message 6 of 11 , Dec 30, 1999
                In a message dated 12/30/1999 2:56:55 PM Central Standard Time,
                russingram@... writes:

                << has anyone built the superbrick (pics at: http://euler.sfasu.edu/Shanty
                boats/)?

                Looks like a great boat for the intercoastal or the river >>

                Wondered the same thing myself! It's such an intreaguing design. Thought
                about trying it some day
                Larry
              • James Fuller
                Message 7 of 11 , Dec 30, 1999
                  I can't get up on the site to look. Is the address ok?

                  Thanks,

                  James

                  > In a message dated 12/30/1999 2:56:55 PM Central Standard Time,
                  > russingram@... writes:
                  >
                  > << has anyone built the superbrick (pics at: http://euler.sfasu.edu/Shanty
                  > boats/)?
                  >
                  > Looks like a great boat for the intercoastal or the river >>
                  >
                  > Wondered the same thing myself! It's such an intreaguing design. Thought
                  > about trying it some day
                  > Larry

                  > Boat buyers and sellers! Do you feel lost in a sea of classified ads?
                  > Stop treading water and get to iWant.com, the Internet community that
                  > connects buyers and sellers-FREE! It's all smooth sailing from here.

                  > -- http://www.egroups.com/cal?listname=bolger&m=1

                • Carter Kennedy
                  Message 8 of 11 , Dec 30, 1999
                    It is split into two lines. Combine them and it should work.

                    "james fuller" <jama-@...> wrote:
                    original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/bolger/?start=1514
                    > I can't get up on the site to look. Is the address ok?
                    >
                    > Thanks,
                    >
                    > James

                  • David Beede
                    Message 9 of 11 , Dec 30, 1999
                      Russ,
                      I'm also curious about that one. I've been drooling over Champlain
                      lately, but wish it could sail. I guess I'd like something of a "slow
                      motorsailor." Lots of glass, lots of interior, and head room, cruises at
                      6 knots with my 9.9 Yamaha, plenty of fuel and holding tanks, and still
                      able to turn off the noise and play with strings. Don't know the perfect
                      one yet?
                      David
                      Russ Ingram wrote:

                      > has anyone built the superbrick (pics at: http://euler.sfasu.edu/Shanty
                      boats/)?

                      Looks like a great boat for the intercoastal or the river

                      > [IWant.com: Get exactly what you want.]
                      > eGroups.com Home: http://www.egroups.com/group/bolger

                      Simplicity Boats (mirror sites - if one doesn't work...)
                      http://members.tripod.com/simplicityboats/
                      http://members.xoom.com/simpleboats/
                      Here's my latest boat:
                      http://members.tripod.com/simplicityboats/featherwind.html
                      Quasi esoteric musical instruments
                      unicornstrings.com
                    • S. Jones
                      Message 10 of 11 , Feb 10, 2000
                        Ed ,
                        No the Chebacco is not designed for leeboards, however i have done
                        calculations using L.Francis Herreschoffs work in this area to assure myself
                        that the design would accept leeboards without any of the problems you
                        mentioned ... i am intending to use a cross between the Bolger "jochems"
                        design and a Herreschoff one . I would not be prepared to go with a forward
                        raking board in order to avoid some of the problems associated with flotsam
                        and jetsam , however my system will allow a great deal of flexibility so i
                        will endeavour to give an objective answer to this theory in due course ....
                        ( e.g. after the now belated launching date )
                        I will also be experimenting with a little " toe in" on the boards to
                        assess leeway angles .... Simon .
                      • Richard Spelling
                        Message 11 of 11 , Jun 11, 2000
                          No personaly, but I did run across a webpage where they described sailing
                          one, but can't seem to find it now.
                          You might post to the bolger mail list.

                          www.egroups.com