Wolfpack isometric

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 4 1:15 PM
      http://flickr.com/photos/hallman/3329387686/

      Some may recall this concept boat, 22 ft, designed for hunting in
      mountain rivers. Shallow draft, fast with good load capacity for
      carrying game, jet thrust powered by a small block V8 Chevy engin,
      the topside framing is intended to allow boat to push through
      overhanging brush.
    • dave seeton
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 4 8:52 PM
        This so intriegued me I Faxed Bolger if plans were available. 11:30 that nite I got a phone call from Susan telling me plans were never drawn, just an idea. This was 4 or 5 yrs ago.
        Are plans available now?
        Dave

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 5 7:47 AM
          On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 8:52 PM, dave seeton <daveseeton@...> wrote:
          > This so intriegued me I Faxed Bolger if plans were available. 11:30 that
          > nite I got a phone call from Susan telling me plans were never drawn, just
          > an idea. This was 4 or 5 yrs ago.
          > Are plans available now?
          > Dave

          I have only seen the MAIB article from 4 or 5 years ago. Judging from
          that detailed article, the idea was very well developed. And, I am
          sure that an experienced builder could loft and build that boat from
          the 'cartoon' filling in details using the builders judgement as
          needed.
        • daschultz2000
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 5 4:38 PM
            IMO buying a set of Retriever plans would also provide much needed info. That plus study to determine sufficent mounts for the engine. I really like the aircooling via automotive radiators. Imo a big electric fan to move air thru the engine enclosure is needed.
          • daschultz2000
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 5 11:02 PM
              Yeah way cool concept. It would be a fun boat with most any high HP engine and propulsion, but the prospects for the jet as Bolger described sound like real adventure.

              The isometric version looks more like a garvey hull w' a cutwater that becomes a clam skiff like shoe than the sketch from MAIB which I somehow thought was more MicroTrawler/Retriever like with a deeper box cutwater.

              The isometric no doubt tells a more accurate story. So I take back using Retriever plans as a guide for scantlings and frame spacing to build Wolfpack. Perhaps one of Glen-L's Garveys or one of their dory work boats.

              Really neat sketch Bruce.

              Thanks,

              Don