Need help finding plans, Bolger Cabin Clam Skiff

  • Dan
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1 7:58 PM
      I'm looking for the plans for Bolgers' Cabin Clam Skiff, Phil Bolger's
      design #606-II. Here are a couple of links to ones that have been built:

      http://tinyurl.com/akcexa
      and
      http://tinyurl.com/boq4kd

      I have the latest book from Dynamite Payson, "Instant Boat Building" that
      has the plans for the 18' Clam Skiff I want to build. Problem is I cannot
      locate any place to buy the plans from for the cabin version. I'm sure I
      could come up with a cabin of my own, but why waste plywood when I don't
      have to.

      Appreciate any help,
      Dan
      Aurora OR
    • Ned Asplundh
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 2 1:16 PM
        I recently bought an unused set of Clam Skiff and Cabin Clam plans. Payson sells the original skiff plans, but you'll need to get the cabin add-on sheets from Bolger.

        CAUTIONARY NOTE: a number of photographs that the seller included in the packet show 2 or 3 finished versions, which all squat down by the stern.  IIRC, Tom David, author of the Grinder blog comments about this and explains some personal (lighter weight, more headroom) he's adding. I'm considering 1/4" sides instead of 1/2". You may want to seek advice from PB&F about it; YMMV....

      • daschultz2000
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 3 1:01 PM
          Ned is right but it could be those big 4 stroke outboards. The
          prototype Cabin Clam Skiff had a big motor, and all the other pics
          seem to have followed that direction.

          Don