Re: [bolger] Re: Trailer (was New member)

  • Harry James
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 2, 2009
      Try this trailer, I pack two Gull dories on mine after putting on an
      extended tongue. You could stand it up against the wall.

      http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_7262_7262

      HJ

      ladycathyofwales wrote:
      > Bruce Hallman wrote:
      >
      >> The Tortoise is ideal, I cannot think of a better choice for your
      >> needs. I have built and owned two of them, with the second built
      >> while paying special attention to keeping it light weight.
      >> Wanting to "toss" any boat on top of a car is a tough task, and
      >> keeping it small and light weight are essential.
      >>

      > I've just run across the link to Andrew Linn's Teal and trailer:
      >
      > http://www.andrewlinn.com/080715_teal/01ready.jpg
      >
      > Wow, that's a small trailer. If I could get something as small as
      > that, and if the long metal boom were removable, I could push that
      > trailer into a corner of the garage when not in use.
      >
      > The reason I ruled out a trailer is lack of space to park it in the
      > garage, and not being allowed to park it outside. But if it fit in a
      > *corner* of the garage instead of taking up most of it...
      >
      > Thoughts? I admit I don't feel competent to *build* a trailer, which
      > is part of the issue.
      >
      > Cathy

    • Peter McCorison
      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 2, 2009
        Cathy -

        Those tiny trailers are available by mail order from places like
        Northern Tool or Harbor Freight. They're about $100. I use one to move
        my rubber ducky dinghy from the ramp to the house and to store it in the
        winter. It works great. I made a long boom out of a cut-down 4 x 4.

        - Peter M
        Orcas Island

        ladycathyofwales wrote:
        > Wow, that's a small trailer.

      • contrapeso25
        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 14, 2009
          Hi friends!

          I'm new member, very honored by Mr. Gregg invitation
          Please, take a look at Bantha, my contribution to the home building community