Re: Trailer (was New member)

  • ladycathyofwales
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 2, 2009
      Bruce Hallman wrote:
      > The Tortoise is ideal, I cannot think of a better choice for your
      > needs. I have built and owned two of them, with the second built
      > while paying special attention to keeping it light weight.
      > Wanting to "toss" any boat on top of a car is a tough task, and
      > keeping it small and light weight are essential.

      I've just run across the link to Andrew Linn's Teal and trailer:

      http://www.andrewlinn.com/080715_teal/01ready.jpg

      Wow, that's a small trailer. If I could get something as small as
      that, and if the long metal boom were removable, I could push that
      trailer into a corner of the garage when not in use.

      The reason I ruled out a trailer is lack of space to park it in the
      garage, and not being allowed to park it outside. But if it fit in a
      *corner* of the garage instead of taking up most of it...

      Thoughts? I admit I don't feel competent to *build* a trailer, which
      is part of the issue.

      Cathy
    • Harry James
      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 2, 2009
        Try this trailer, I pack two Gull dories on mine after putting on an
        extended tongue. You could stand it up against the wall.

        http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_7262_7262

        HJ

        ladycathyofwales wrote:
        > Bruce Hallman wrote:
        >
        >> The Tortoise is ideal, I cannot think of a better choice for your
        >> needs. I have built and owned two of them, with the second built
        >> while paying special attention to keeping it light weight.
        >> Wanting to "toss" any boat on top of a car is a tough task, and
        >> keeping it small and light weight are essential.
        >>

        > I've just run across the link to Andrew Linn's Teal and trailer:
        >
        > http://www.andrewlinn.com/080715_teal/01ready.jpg
        >
        > Wow, that's a small trailer. If I could get something as small as
        > that, and if the long metal boom were removable, I could push that
        > trailer into a corner of the garage when not in use.
        >
        > The reason I ruled out a trailer is lack of space to park it in the
        > garage, and not being allowed to park it outside. But if it fit in a
        > *corner* of the garage instead of taking up most of it...
        >
        > Thoughts? I admit I don't feel competent to *build* a trailer, which
        > is part of the issue.
        >
        > Cathy

      • Peter McCorison
        Message 3 of 16 , Feb 2, 2009
          Cathy -

          Those tiny trailers are available by mail order from places like
          Northern Tool or Harbor Freight. They're about $100. I use one to move
          my rubber ducky dinghy from the ramp to the house and to store it in the
          winter. It works great. I made a long boom out of a cut-down 4 x 4.

          - Peter M
          Orcas Island

          ladycathyofwales wrote:
          > Wow, that's a small trailer.

        • contrapeso25
          Message 4 of 16 , Dec 14, 2009
            Hi friends!

            I'm new member, very honored by Mr. Gregg invitation
            Please, take a look at Bantha, my contribution to the home building community