Pointer isometric

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 14, 2009
      http://flickr.com/photos/hallman/3197802224/

      ...for an isometric rendering of Pointer 33ft x 7ft
    • gbship
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 14, 2009
        Thanks! Always wanted to see more on that craft.

        Gary

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 4, 2011
          Probably the most significant sharpie in PCB's life was his 33ft
          Pointer, which he personal owned and sailed a lot. Design 115

          http://www.hallman.org/bolger/pointer/

          It makes one guess: Did he choose the name "Pointer" with the meaning
          "sharp point"?
        • Harry James
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 4, 2011
            You look at a catboat like this with the huge boom and you think death
            roll off the wind but I guess Sharpies don't really roll that way, it
            seems like as soon as the chine lifted you would have a counteracting
            force.

            HJ

            On 1/4/2011 1:09 PM, Bruce Hallman wrote:
            > Probably the most significant sharpie in PCB's life was his 33ft
            > Pointer, which he personal owned and sailed a lot. Design 115
            >
            > http://www.hallman.org/bolger/pointer/
            >
            > It makes one guess: Did he choose the name "Pointer" with the meaning
            > "sharp point"?

          • gary
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 4, 2011
              Thanks, Bruce. I've gotten eye strain trying to glean details about Pointer from the one or two pictures in the various Bolger books. Wasn't there a reference somewhere to one of his sharpies having a 4" thick bottom? Was that Pointer?

              Gary

              > Probably the most significant sharpie in PCB's life was his 33ft
              > Pointer, which he personal owned and sailed a lot. Design 115
              >
              > http://www.hallman.org/bolger/pointer/
              >
              > It makes one guess: Did he choose the name "Pointer" with the meaning
              > "sharp point"?

            • c.ruzer
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 19, 2011
                IIRC PCB kept Pointer for 11 years. Refit and rerigged (huh?) another 11 years later. Scant detail in -

                WB#86 asking $12000;

                WB#88 May/June 1989, CLASSIFIED, BOATS FOR SALE, p155:
                33' BOLGER LEEBOARD SHARPIE "Pointer." Bolger's own boat for seven years. Built by Story, Essex. MA, in 1959. Rerigged as cat-ketch with wish-booms and mizzen staysail. Good sails, ground tackle, etc. Excellent condition. $12,000 or make offer! 401-253-8802, days; 508-677-1893, nights/weekends. (NB - no accompanying photo published);

                WB#94 May/June 1990, CLASSIFIED, BOATS FOR SALE, p156:
                33' BOLGER LEEBOARD SHARPIE "Pointer." Bolger's own boat for seven years. Built by Story Yard, Essex. MA, in 1959. Professional refit 1981. Hood main. mizzen, 4 seasons old; new Thurston spinnaker, staysail. Great boat, shoal draft 11" board up. Boat fully found; ready to go. Must sell. $5500. Henry Elliot, 401-253-8802, days; 508-677-1893, nights/weekends. (NB - again no accompanying photo published).