Re: [bolger] Blueberry

  • Christopher C. Wetherill
    Message 1 of 45 , Jan 8, 2009
      Nice Bruce,

      I am always intrigued by the comparisons between this one, Red Zinger,
      and Seabird 86.

      V/R
      Chris

      Bruce Hallman wrote:
      > See isometrics here:
      >
      > http://flickr.com/photos/hallman/3180483588/
      >

      > With the recent discussion of Chebacco, and Long Micro, I stumbled
      > across the similar sized and often neglected 20 foot cutter, Bolger
      > design Blueberry. I hadn't before looked closely at this design, and
      > discovered to my surprise that it is really a simple and small boat
      > which could be as easily realized as a Long Micro, or a Chebacco. It
      > has an 800 pound lead slab ballast, similar to a Long Micro. The keel
      > is simply nailed up and bolted lumber. The hull is for simple bent
      > plywood panels on plywood frames. The "classic looks" and
      > functionality are just awesome too. The inboard diesel motor is
      > no-nonsense.

    • Jim
      Message 45 of 45 , Feb 16, 2010
        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "slusher_ben" <pipercubdream@...> wrote:

        > Does anyone have any more pictures or information concerning
        > Blueberry? I faxed a note to PB&F and received a nice reply and the
        > price for the plans. I was particularly interested in some interior
        > photos. I also understand that a small diesel can be installed ( I
        > have a nice little yanmar) and that the displacement is around 4000
        > pounds. Does anyone know if this is true?
        >
        > Thanks.....Ben

        I know it's been over a year but,
        I was just re-reading through the Bolger Yahoo Group and came across your message about the Blueberry. I am the one that bought the Blueberry in Maine (2008) that was originally built in Montreal, this one: http://clicformation.com/bolger/index.html
        That picture shows a green hull but when I bought it it was blue. I have all of the original 8X10 color pictures when it was there as well as the plans. When I had it surveyed the value was set at between 14k and 15k. I jumped on it. I have added a new jib from the original sailmaker at Larsen Sails in Montreal, Alan Critchlow, http://www.larsensails.net
        If I ever decide to sell it I could let you know if you are interested in that. Here's what it looked like at launching in 2008.
        http://s393.photobucket.com/albums/pp15/jw_randall/?action=view¤t=DSC_0027.jpg

        Jim Randall
        515 Paul Bunyan Road
        Corea, ME 04624