Re: Bolger Commissions. Any progress?

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 56 , Jan 5, 2009
      Jon
      Thank you for sharing your experience with us all. I appreciate the
      time you put into writing your reply. I had enjoyed hearing about
      your shop (when you could get to it thru the snow) and watching your
      build your dingy. It's heartbreaking to see how this ended, given the
      time and energy you invested and the negative tone adopted by PBF.
      Just a shame.

      I hope you haven't given up your dream of sailing away. Any thoughts
      on your next boat?

      Bill, Long Micro Pugnacious
    • Jon & Wanda(Tink)
      Message 56 of 56 , Jan 19, 2009
        I respect a man that askes for a hand up more then a hand out. The
        person with a hand up can give a hand up to others making the world a
        better place. A person that just wants a hand out cares little about
        others. Homeless for many is a choice I have knowen more then a few.

        Jon

        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, dave seeton <daveseeton@...> wrote:

        > Hi Doug
        > Your concerns sound sincere & valid.
        > Yet I live in a town in rural America where we just dedicated a new
        Animal shelter but we don't have a shelter for the homeless & the
        temp is going down to 19 tonite. And there are literally 100's of
        cities like this across the country. I am always amazed that
        Americans will jump & run to help people around the world but ignore
        the homeless, the hungry, the battered, the abused, and the mentally
        handicapped in our own back yards.
        > Just my opinion.
        >

        > Speaking of fishing boats. I talked to a fellow that has come from
        >
        > Haiti and is now back there. They have no timber left there.
        >
        > Hurricanes, internal strife and a host of other things have ruined
        the

        > timber and boat building industry. Most of the trees were cooked
        into

        > charcoal and used for fuel. Many fishermen no longer have boats.
        These

        > are guys that can help feed the country. Seems like boatnicks
        like

        > some of us here could push some help down there way somehow.. Maybe
        even

        > build one to ship down there. Not a bad thought you know.
        >
        > My Haitian friend carried some Locust seeds down there to
        plant.

        > They may well grow so fast they will run everyone into the sea and
        >
        > will windup the most hated man on earth.
        >
        > If they grow there they could supply lumber for boats or any other
        >
        > need. They can be harvested in less than ten years. As firewood
        it is

        > exceptional and when young it provides fodder for cattle and
        goats.

        > The seeds can be eaten if it's honey locust and maybe not the best
        thing

        > but beer can be made from the paste inside the pods.
        >
        > Just one Bolger fishing boat or light sharpie with a sail may
        well

        > feed a half dozen families or more. An organized effort might be a
        >
        > great thing for such people. The professional builders in these
        boat

        > groups with their know how may likely be able to supply ideas on
        how to

        > build work boats efficiently. There are organizations that ship
        >
        > medical supplies and other needed equipment all over the world and
        I am