Re: [bolger] Re: Bolger Commissions. Any progress?

    Message 1 of 56 , Jan 5, 2009
      > A couple of unspecified health issues were mentioned.

      Small issues, I hope. Anybody know more specifics?
    • Jon & Wanda(Tink)
      Message 56 of 56 , Jan 19, 2009
        I respect a man that askes for a hand up more then a hand out. The
        person with a hand up can give a hand up to others making the world a
        better place. A person that just wants a hand out cares little about
        others. Homeless for many is a choice I have knowen more then a few.

        Jon

        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, dave seeton <daveseeton@...> wrote:

        > Hi Doug
        > Your concerns sound sincere & valid.
        > Yet I live in a town in rural America where we just dedicated a new
        Animal shelter but we don't have a shelter for the homeless & the
        temp is going down to 19 tonite. And there are literally 100's of
        cities like this across the country. I am always amazed that
        Americans will jump & run to help people around the world but ignore
        the homeless, the hungry, the battered, the abused, and the mentally
        handicapped in our own back yards.
        > Just my opinion.
        >

        > Speaking of fishing boats. I talked to a fellow that has come from
        >
        > Haiti and is now back there. They have no timber left there.
        >
        > Hurricanes, internal strife and a host of other things have ruined
        the

        > timber and boat building industry. Most of the trees were cooked
        into

        > charcoal and used for fuel. Many fishermen no longer have boats.
        These

        > are guys that can help feed the country. Seems like boatnicks
        like

        > some of us here could push some help down there way somehow.. Maybe
        even

        > build one to ship down there. Not a bad thought you know.
        >
        > My Haitian friend carried some Locust seeds down there to
        plant.

        > They may well grow so fast they will run everyone into the sea and
        >
        > will windup the most hated man on earth.
        >
        > If they grow there they could supply lumber for boats or any other
        >
        > need. They can be harvested in less than ten years. As firewood
        it is

        > exceptional and when young it provides fodder for cattle and
        goats.

        > The seeds can be eaten if it's honey locust and maybe not the best
        thing

        > but beer can be made from the paste inside the pods.
        >
        > Just one Bolger fishing boat or light sharpie with a sail may
        well

        > feed a half dozen families or more. An organized effort might be a
        >
        > great thing for such people. The professional builders in these
        boat

        > groups with their know how may likely be able to supply ideas on
        how to

        > build work boats efficiently. There are organizations that ship
        >
        > medical supplies and other needed equipment all over the world and
        I am