Whalewatcher Plans

  • eohiggins
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2009
      I've just received my set of Whalewatcher plans from Common Sense Boat but Jerry says he
      doesn't have the building instructions. Anybody got a set? via fax or
      photocopy and snailmail?
      I had thought of trying to use the instructions for my Birdwatcher launched last
      summer, but the Whalewatcher seems to leave all of the scantlings information off the plans
      so I'm kind of in the dark.
      My current boat is the BW2 -- which I find is a great daysailing boat with the Solent rig and
      much stiffer than I expected. I'm going to do a BW 1 leg-of-mutton rig for cruising because I
      find the Solent rig takes up the whole boat when furled.
      Why Whalewatcher, you ask? Because Birdwatcher turns out to be just a little small for the
      way I usually cruise, so I'm already looking to the future.
      Eric