Re: Plywood 101

  • givifreak007
    Message 1 of 63 , Dec 4, 2008
      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Don" <dschurricanes@...> wrote:

      > Has anyone used AC 3ply plywood...to build a boat...of Phil's design..?

      I'm planning on using a tyvek laminate (made with waterproof polyurethane) over double-
      walled cardboard to build an Elegant Punt this Spring. I'm currently testing various grades
      of glue and tyvek for the best bonding strength.

      Kevin
    • Jon & Wanda(Tink)
      Message 63 of 63 , Jan 7, 2009
        The only types of plywood that you know for sure have a good core so
        they will not be a problem down the road are the marine plys and good
        MDO. Anything else you will find WILL have voides of one kind or
        another shortning the life of the boat.

        Jon