Re: [bolger] Re: Plywood 101

  • davy riggs
    Message 1 of 63 , Dec 4, 2008
      Thanks, John!

      --- John Kohnen <jhkohnen@...> wrote:

      > "Marine Tech" is a plywood manufactured by Plum
      > Creek for marine
      > construction but, "does not qualify as a "marine"
      > plywood under APBA
      > specifications," according to Glen-L:
      >
      > http://www.glen-l.com/wood-plywood/marine-tech.html+
      >
      > http://www.glen-l.com/wood-plywood/wp-index.html
      >
      > On Tue, 02 Dec 2008 13:50:05 -0800, Dave wrote:
      >
      > > Can anyone tell me what is meant by the term
      > "marine tech" plywood?
      > > Is that just another way of saying marine ply?
      > Thanks!
      >
      > --
      > John <jkohnen@...>
      > There is a custom, amounting almost to tradition,
      > that true boat
      > speeds are obscene and must never be mentioned
      > except in a
      > highly dressed up state. <Lindsay Lord>
      >
      > ------------------------------------

      > - no cursing, flaming, trolling, spamming,
      > respamming, or flogging dead horses
      > thanks, Fred' posts
      > - Pls add your comments at the TOP, SIGN your posts,
      > and snip away
      > - Plans: Mr. Philip C. Bolger, P.O. Box 1209,
      > Gloucester, MA, 01930, Fax: (978) 282-1349
      > - Open discussion:
      > bolger_coffee_lounge-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      It was impossible to get a conversation going, everybody was talking too much. - Yogi Berra
    • Jon & Wanda(Tink)
      Message 63 of 63 , Jan 7, 2009
        The only types of plywood that you know for sure have a good core so
        they will not be a problem down the road are the marine plys and good
        MDO. Anything else you will find WILL have voides of one kind or
        another shortning the life of the boat.

        Jon