RE: [bolger] Plywood 101

  • S Rose
    Message 1 of 63 , Nov 30, 2008
      I spent a fair amount of time trying to find MDO after reading about it but
      had a hard time finding it in Canada (no one in the Stores new what I was
      talking about) eventually I found it under the name "Duraply". It comes in
      one and two sided and is used for making outdoor signs. My first boat I used
      it but to make a decent joint you need to sand down the paper lining on the
      one side but it seems to have worked well for the start. It was a small
      project and I gave it two my neighbors kids after a few months. I would used
      it again if that makes a difference.

      _____

      Message 63 of 63 , Jan 7, 2009
        The only types of plywood that you know for sure have a good core so
        they will not be a problem down the road are the marine plys and good
        MDO. Anything else you will find WILL have voides of one kind or
        another shortning the life of the boat.

        Jon