Micro

  • Loy Seal
    Message 1 of 53 , Nov 26, 2008
      My boat shop is now finished and I picked up a load of marine ply from
      Riverside Lumber when I was in New Orleans last week. Of course I have
      lots of plans to choose from. I really want to build a Micro. My wife
      wants me to build a day sailer like the Core Sound 17. She says the
      Micro is too fat. I have plans for both. We sail on a lake in North
      Louisiana where winds can range from non existent to strong. I had my
      Surf in 15 mph winds once and I lived to tell about it. My GPS did
      read 5.7 knots! I digress.

      IF I build the Micro, I have choices from which to choose for ply. I
      have 4 sheets of 1/2", four sheets of 3/8", and lots of 1/4" (I
      figured that if I have the wood, I will build more boats).

      What are your recommendations for which ply to use for the bottom,
      sides, and decks? I know the plans call for 1/4" but I have seen lots of
      variations on the internet.

      AND any arguments in favor of the Micro I can use with my wife would
      be appreciated.
      Loy
    • Pat
      Message 53 of 53 , Nov 27, 2012
        Hi
        I just posted on youtube a Vid of Long Micro LOMA trip arround Koh Chang.

        Warm regards
        Pat